The Design group works with designers across campus to create design patterns and code for front-end implementations that accurately meet the campus branding standards and provide an accessible, intuitive, and inviting user experience and interface. This group will partner with the WordPress and Drupal CMS groups on the implementation of the designs in those systems.
- Create a pattern library that can be used by websites regardless of back-end solutions like CMS or hosting.
- Create a community of practice that coordinates and elevates good design from around the campus
- Make it easier for anyone building a website to match the Illinois look and feel.
- Campus branded WordPress theme
- A pattern library website for reference when creating a new website.
- Recommended best practices for design components and navigation.
- A regularly meeting community of web designers from across the campus.
- Creating website designs for individual units or websites
- Laura Hayden, Grainger (chair)
- Melissa Waller, ACES
- Maggie Jarvis, LAS
- Matt Sharkey, Strategic Marketing and Branding
- Dena Strong, Tech Services
- Liz Shallenberger, ACES
- Kelly Delahanty, AITS
- Keith Hays, DRES